Mason County welcomes and encourages observers to watch all processes that are conducted throughout the election to help ensure that our election process is accurate, secure, transparent, and in accordance with the law.
There are multiple ways to observe:
- In person at the Ballot Processing Room.
- Through our 24/7 livestream of activity in the Ballot Processing Room.
- In person at ballot drop box locations in accordance with the law.
To view in person the major political parties designate their own observers. Contact your political Party to join their respective observer teams. If you are not associated with a party but would like to observe please contact the Elections Department for further information. All observes must participate in Observer Training to observe in person, and agree to observe operations on a professional, polite, non-interference basis and direct all questions and feedback to the Elections Superintendent.
Opportunities to Observe-February 13, 2024 Special Election
* Livestreams are only available during the election 01/16/24-02/23/24
Posting Ballot processing times require 2 day notice. For more detailed information about ballot processing and collection times please call the Elections office at (360) 427-9670 x470
We will be closed on Monday February 19th in observance of Presidents Day
- L&A Test: Thursday, January 18 at 2pm
- Ballot Collection & Processing: Begins Monday, January 22-Thursday, February 22 (M-F starting at 8am)
- Random Audit: Thursday, February 15 at 2pm
- Risk Limiting Audit: Wednesday, February 21 at 2pm
- Canvasing Board – Challenged Ballot Review: Thursday, February 22 at 2pm
- Canvasing Board – Election Certification: Friday, February 23 at 2pm