Mason County welcomes and encourages observers to watch all processes that are conducted throughout the election to help ensure that our election process is accurate, secure, transparent, and in accordance with the law.
There are multiple ways to observe:
- In person at the Ballot Processing Room.
- Through our 24/7 live stream of activity in the Ballot Processing Room.
- In person at ballot drop box locations in accordance with the law.
To view in person the major political parties designate their own observers. Contact your political Party to join their respective observer teams. If you are not associated with a party but would like to observe please contact the Elections Department for further information. All observes must participate in Observer Training to observe in person, and agree to observe operations on a professional, polite, non-interference basis and direct all questions and feedback to the Elections Superintendent.
Opportunities to Observe-April 25, 2023 Special
*ballot room live stream is only available during an election
Posting Ballot processing times require 2 day notice. For more detailed information about ballot processing and collection times please call the Elections office at (360) 427-9670 x470
- L&A Test: Wednesday, March 22 at 10am Video Recording
- Ballot Collection & Processing: Begins Monday, April 3- May 4 (M-F)
- Random Audit: Thursday, April 27 at 2pm
- Risk Limiting Audit: Monday, May 1 at 2pm
- Canvasing Board – Challenged Ballot Review: Thursday, May 4 at 2pm
- Canvasing Board – Election Certification: Friday, May 5 at 2pm